Get to Know Me
1. What’s your favorite way to spend a day off? A mix of relaxing and exploring; ideally, would involve a nice afternoon jaunt downtown, roaming around public parks or museums, then spending the night watching a movie or binge-watching tv.
2. What type of music are you into? Pretty broad spectrum of styles but top 3 are probably indie rock, pop, and punk/power pop.
3. What was the best vacation you ever took and why? I drove across the US with some friends for a month and it was incredible. We got to see and do so many amazing things, we all got closer, there was a changing group of us so we never got annoyed of each other since the dynamic was always shifting, and I felt carefree and fun.
4. Where’s the next place on your travel bucket list and why? I really want to go to Italy. Ideally, I'd rent out a little villa in Tuscany for a week or so and then spend another couple weeks exploring the country. Realistically, I'll probably do a road trip across New England once the border opens back up.
5, Was the last thing you read?
I'm currently reading The Song of Achilles by Madeleine Miller and Motherhood by Sheila Heti at the same time.
6. Would you say you’re more of an extrovert or an introvert? I think people think I'm an extrovert because I'm outgoing in groups, but I feel more and more like an introvert because I prefer staying home alone a lot of the times.
7. What was the last TV show you binge-watched?
The Last Dance! I know nothing about basketball but that made me want to be a fan.
8. Are you into podcasts or do you only listen to music?
I primarily listen to music. There are a few podcasts I listen to regularly (Call Her Daddy, Tights & Fights, You Must Remember This) but for the most part I'd rather sing along to something or have something I can just listen to in the background and not have to pay too close attention to. I have no idea how people work and answer emails while listening to podcasts.
9. Do you have a favourite holiday? Why or why not? I'm torn between Halloween and Christmas. I love the seasons around both of them greatly. I fucking love a Halloween or Christmas TV special and all the fun activities associated with each like apple picking and corn mazes to holiday parties and sending Christmas cards.
10. Do you like going to the movies or prefer watching at home? I have weird anxiety in movie theatres, so I prefer to watch from home. I enjoy the idea of the overall movie viewing experience, and usually like it once I'm there, but I get a lot of anxiety the first few minutes in a theatre full of people (and I always have to sit in an aisle seat near the exit but not too close to the screen)
11. In the summer, would you rather go to the beach or go camping? I'm not much of a beach person or a camping person! I enjoy hanging out at beaches if it isn't too hot, and I like camping activities like being in nature and campfires, but I hate actually sleeping in a tent. So ideally I'd go to a cute cottage with some friends where we can hangout on a beach but not necessarily go swimming and then have a campfire before sleeping in a real bed indoors.
12. How old were you when you had your first celebrity crush, and who was it?
My first celebrity crush and first crush in general ever was Shawn Michaels. I must've been about 5 or 6. I wrote a story about how we were going to get married together on Mars.
13. What song always gets you out on the dance floor? No Diggity by Blackstreet.
14. Ideally, how would you spend your birthday?
Two possibilities: a) traveling somewhere but if I'm at home, then: b) full spa day followed by a small party with some friends.
15. Do you have a favorite type of exercise? I love going to dance class (though had to stop because of Covid, but hopefully gonna start up again soon!) and lifting weights!
16. What's your favorite season and why?
I love fall. I love the crisp cool smell and feel of the air, I love all the activities and the spooky movies and the fashion and the treats. I love the feeling of new beginnings, feeling like I'm back in school at the start of a semester where it felt like anything was possible and I could be the best version of myself.
17. How do you take your coffee?
I actually hate coffee, oops.
18. What's your most prized possession and why? Maybe my guitar? My late uncle gave it to me before he passed.
19. If you could have any exotic animal as a pet, which would it be? Probably some kind of big cat, like a leopard or black panther.
20. What would be the first thing you'd do if you won the lottery?
Depending on how much, maybe establish a foundation to be able to give transformational gifts to charities, quit my job, buy a house, and travel.